At La Escocesa we open a new category of "associada", aimed at any artist or researcher who wants to become a user of La Escocesa space without having their own workshop.
The advantages of the Associates are the following:
- You will be able to use the common spaces of La Escocesa, without access to your own workshop, this is the tools that the center offers: risography, photographic development workshop, ceramic space and set. (Always under reservation and in the event that some of these services involve an additional cost, the corresponding rates will apply.)
- You will become part of EMA Association, the managing body of La Escocesa, a relationship through which you can participate in the attacks with voice without vote.
- You will be able to present yourself to all the internal calls and scholarships of the center, intended for users.
- You can book a rotating workshop on time (bookings for weeks), for the development of a specific project.
- You will contribute to broadening the social base of the La Escocesa open analog creation factory project.
The requirements to apply for membership in La Escocesa are as follows:
- Being more than 18 years old.
- Being currently in the development of an artistic or research activity on issues related to art in general.
- Submit a letter of motivation and track record in one of the two annual deadlines (April and October) when the call for user members is opened.
The figure of user associate is especially aimed at people who want to be part of the artistic and civic community of La Escocesa, helping to build the project collectively, and not as a solution to obtain a workshop, or a material storage place. Nor a place to make exhibitions or broadcasts of the work for their own benefit.
Membership applications can be submitted and renewed every six months, during the two annual periods (April and October) when the call for users is open. During the months of May and November, the Board of the Association, together with the management of the centre, meet to evaluate the applications. The acceptance or rejection of the applications will be communicated to each applicant after these evaluations.
The monthly fee for user members is 10€.
The membership period lasts 6 months and can be renewed every six months.
More information at firstname.lastname@example.org